K Sports Under 19s
K Sports offers 16-19 year old boys and girls a brilliant opportunity to train, play and study at our award-winning facility.
Academy players are given the opportunity to study and train at one of Kent’s most exciting, new sports venues.
With the high-quality facilities available at K Sports, our academy offers a high-quality experience with three focus areas around Education, Employability and Sporting Excellence.
The K Sports Under 19 Academy offers:
• High-quality education with a clear route into University in the UK and USA.
• Opportunities into employment by using relevant work placement through apprenticeships in sports coaching, personal training with our partner links within Kent Sports organisations and primary schools.
• Professional UEFA ‘A’ Licenced Coaching to ensure potential for maximum development and a professional training environment and games programme.
The education offer will depend on the academic levels of each student. The K Sports academic curriculum offer will consist of:
• Sports BTEC L1/L2 Diploma
• Sports BTEC L3 Extended Diploma
• BTEC L3 Certificate in Personal Training
• L3 Physical Education in School Sport (PESS)
• FA Coaching Level One
If students achieve the Sports BTEC L3 Extended Diploma to an overall D*D*D* grade they will achieve enough UCAS points to enrol on various sports-based degrees at university.
All students will be taught by subject specialist tutors and where necessary English and Maths will be delivered to those who have not achieved GCSE C or above. Maths and English will be delivered throughout any qualification.
Call 01622 719402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Relevant work placement of at least 100 hours per academic year will be arranged with local sports partners and/or primary schools based on each individual’s work aspirations.
With excellent partner links in Kent, K Sports can also offer exit routes into a sports-based Apprenticeships.
Additionally, excellent relationships with universities who offer routes into Higher Education in England and with various partnerships to American Universities is also available.
Professional Training and Games Programme
The U19 Football Academy will timetable practical training sessions so students receive weekly professional UEFA ‘A’ and ‘B’ Licence standard coaching sessions delivered from a structured Academy Performance Plan, in accordance to the Elite Player Performance Plan and The FA Future Game document.
Where appropriate there will be opportunities for players to play in an organised and structured league, play professional football clubs, and to be entered into relevant tournaments, therefore increasing their opportunities of a route into semi-professional or professional football clubs.
The Football Academy intends to develop a legacy which enables young people to continue to develop high-quality football participation and to develop, motivate and inspire others.
We have a number of Open Sessions and Information Evenings coming up. Please call 01622 719402 to book your place. If you can’t make any of these dates but would like to book an appointment with a member of our team, please get in touch.
Information Evenings (17:00-18:30 at Cobdown House, K Sports)
• Wednesday 28th November 2018
• Wednesday 23rd January 2019
• Wednesday 13th February 2019
• Wednesday 3rd April 2019
• Wednesday 22nd May 2019
• Wednesday 19th June 2019
• Wednesday 10th July 2019
Free half-term multisport sessions aged 16-18 (10:00-11:30)
• Wednesday 20th February 2019
• Wednesday 10th April 2019
• Wednesday 17th April 2019
• Wednesday 29th May 2019
• Wednesday 24th July 2019
• Wednesday 7th August 2019